References in Print
Rails Northeast, October '81
Roster and photos of most classes.
The Car and Locomotive Cyclopedia '80 Simmons-Boardman
Photos and rough plans. Conrail class N-21.
Railroad Model Craftsman
- December '72 Erie Bay window caboose C301. Drawings and text by Chuck Yungkurth.
Conrail class N-7D
- June '74 Kitbashing an N-6.
- July '82 Northeastern RDG version, photos and plans. Conrail class N-4 and N-4A.
- August '82 Northeastern LV version, photos and plans. Conrail class N-5G.
- September '82 Northeastern WM and secondhand users.
- July '83 Giving Models A History: Repaints. How to model repainted/"blacked-out"
CR equipment. Has a great photo and how to model a unique exPC green transfer caboose.
Conrail is spelled ConRail with the word "JOB" sprayed by the Con.
- September '91 subject???
- October '97 New Haven/Conrail Steel Cabooses, photo and plans.
Covers the NE-6(NH NE-5) and N-8B classes by Charles Yunckurth.
- March '82 Northeastern CNJ version, photos and plans. Conrail class N-4B
- April '82 PRR/CR class N-5C and N-8 kitbashing, N-8 drawing
- November '82 Update to N-8 conversion in April issue
- May '87 Jersey Central cabooses in HO scale
- April '89 Modern windows for an old caboose, the kind the Reading put on their "northeastern" cabooses.
- January '93 Modeling the N5C Cabin Car: Post March 1 '68 Part 2.
Part 1 dealt w/PRR exclusively. by JimSix.
Fantastic article in Six style covering PRR, PC, & CR N-5C's. Lots good photos.
- April '92 The Classic Northeast Caboose: Prototypes For Life-Like 2000's Model.
Photos of RDG, WM, WM Chessie, L&HR and LV cabooses.
- July '88, p. 48 - 66. 'Conrail Cabooses', a general article on CR cabeese with lots of photos and some numbers.
- starting May '85, 'Caboose Watch' series illustrated many types CR and predecessor cabooses.
- August '90 Conrail class N-5
- October '90 Conrail class NE-6
- December '90 Conrail class N-7
- Jan '91 Conrail class N-8
- Feb '91 Conrail classes N-9 & N-11
- June '91 Conrail classes N-20 & N-21
- November '90 N-8 conversion from Mantua/Tyco and Tyco models. Covers extensive rework, diagrams and photos.
- September '92 1940's Erie Caboose photos/drawing/text/construction article. Erie C890,
Conrail class N-8D.
- June '92 EL Caboose T-series(did not make it to Conrail) photos/drawing/text/construction
- December '95 N-5A and N-5B based on Bowser kits. Improving/super-detailing N-5 kits.
- January '96 photos/construction article for converting an Athearn bay window to to EL
C351-C370. Conrail class N-7E.
- July '96 photos/construction article
Eire Lackawanna Historical Society
- 'Extra Board' #48 How to modify an Athearn bay window caboose to look like the EL bay window cabs
- 'Diamond' Vol 7 No 2 An article by Bob Bahrs covers the end fate of the EL bay window cabooses. EL company plans
Susquehannock, Cent. PA Chap., NRHS, Sept. '95, "More OVHX Cabooses", p.3.
Reading Company Technical & Historical Society Beeline, Winter '85.
If you are aware of any articles or books not listed please send information
to:firstname.lastname@example.org. I would like to obtain copies
of all of these articles for my files. I am trying to locate back issues of the more recent articles.
For the older issues photocopies would be appreciated. I will reimberse any copying and
mailing costs if you desire.
original on file
photocopy on file
| Home |
| References |
Helper Service |
This page is maintained by
Last updated : November 10, 1999.
These pages hosted by
Please support railfan.net